I created Mediterranean Seasoning as a dry
rub for lamb. After cooking and experimenting with it I soon realized
that using it and calling it a "lamb-rub" was far too limiting!
herb-spice blend brings out hidden depths of flavor for lamb, pork and all kinds of
vegetables (like oven roasted potatoes and vegetable medley stew).
ReginaSpices chooses the best quality
ingredients available. Below please find a list of ingredients for
Celtic Sea Salt
100% Pure Lemon Zest Oil
ReginaSpice shares a commercial kitchen space
with other entrepreneurs and while every precaution is made to ensure
that cross contamination does not occur, please be advised that common
allergens are processed on site. Including: peanut, dairy, soy, wheat,
Lamb and Lentil Stew with Mediterranean Seasoning
- 1lb of Lamb meat, cut in chunks for stewing
- 1 ½ lb Green Lentils, dried
- 4 Carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 Onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 Fennel Bulb, coarsely chopped
- 3+ Garlic Cloves -- I used around 10 -- smashed and peeled
- 2 ½ - 3 Tbl Mediterranean Seasoning (or your own mixture of herbs, garlic, etc.)
- 1 Large Can whole peeled tomatoes, drained, with the tomatoes simply pulled into pieces with your hands.
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Stock or water (4-6 cups)
Stock: If you don’t want to make the stock, use water; add the lamb shank to the pot with the rest of the meat.
- 1 Lamb Shank
- Onion studded with cloves (3-4 cloves)
- 2-3 Ribs of Celery
- Fennel Fronds
- Large Pinch Thyme
- Small Pinch Marjoram
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- ¼ tsp Tellicherry Peppercorns
- 6 Cups water
Make the stock: Sear lamb shank, add all other ingredients, and simmer for a couple of hours. Definitely simmer it until the meat falls off the bone. Strain, set aside.
Wash and pick over the lentils, set aside.
Using oil with a high burn point, lightly oil a heavy Dutch Oven. Heat it until it’s nearly smoking and sear the lamb (1-2 min. a side).
Add chopped vegetables, garlic, and Mediterranean Seasonings. Mix well and let it cook for a minute or two until the spices become fragrant.
Add lentils and mix well.
Bring to a simmer and let simmer gently until the lentils are cooked. (You may need to add some water).
Add lemon juice. Add salt and pepper, if it needs it.
Overall Customer Rating of 1 Reviews: